Desexing male dogs- the advantages
1) Prevent wandering and fighting
Entire male dogs search for female dogs in season. Unfortunately, many have an encounter with a motor vehicle or other dogs (with the same idea) leading to fights and visits to the veterinarian. Desexing makes him a more "homely" pet.
2) Prevent embarrassing behaviour
- Aggression- a desexed dog is less inclined to be aggressive in nature.
- Mating on people’s legs, or other objects.
- Marking territory with urine whilst on walks, so that nearly every post or tree has his scent on it.
3) Prevent "male" diseases
Older male dogs can suffer from a number of problems caused by testosterone (the male hormone). The more serious of these conditions include:
- Testicular cancer
- Perianal cancer (tumours of the skin around the anus)
- Prostate enlargement and cancer
Desexing at an early age prevents Testosterone from causing these serious diseases.